Monday, January 09, 2006

Life Expectancy






"I do not define life expectancy by the length of life, but by the quality of it, by what I expect from it and by how well my expectations are met. What I have learned....is that the more you expect from life, the more your expectations will be fulfilled. By laughing, you do not use up your laughter, but increase your store of it. The more you love, the more you will be loved. The more you give, the more you will receive."
The words above were written by best selling author Dean Koontz in his book, Life Expectancy. I was reminded of them this weekend as I led a retreat for eleven 7th and 8th grade students. For 40 hours we laughed and loved and gave and received. Adolescents have a great capacity for living life to the fullest when encouraged and given the opportunity to uniquely express themselves. I hope these few photos reflect their energy and enthusiasm. I thank them for being my teachers as well as my students.

No comments: