Thursday, February 20, 2014

Peaceful!

We have experienced a couple of really nice, relaxing, and peaceful days. On my Monday morning walk I saw 15 manatees in the river at the park. Also was treated with a great view of an american bald eagle sitting in a tree. Took many pics then accidentally erased them when I arrived at the house.

Monday evening we hosted Dewey, Peter, Jen, and Casey for a cook out and campfire. It was a very pleasant evening with clear skies and plenty of stars. John treated us to some harmonica playing and we all sang along. Dewey sang his new favorite song over and over again. I can't remember the title but it certainly had a catchy tune. We enjoyed the company very much and little Casey was happy to have a campfire except for his disappointment regarding marshmallows.

This morning we drove into Spring Hill so John and I could get haircuts. Then the three of us enjoyed breakfast at "The Pressbox". Freshly made and toasted biscuits! Following breakfast we took the short drive to the Botanical gardens. I took some great pics only to discover that I did not have the memory card in the camera. Oh well, I guess I will go back. It is a beautiful and restful place and FREE. http://naturecoastgardens.com/

1 comment:

Dewey said...

Nice. My song is on my blog, including the link with music and words of Hank Williams.

We had a fine time up at your place. A good fire, good friends, and John's harmonica. He sure can bend those notes. Amazing! Nice he could play Casey's favorite song.

So thanks for the party.