Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy!



      "Happy" is the title of a critically acclaimed documentary film made in 2011. When most people are asked what they want to accomplish in life, the answer is to be "happy". What do they mean? How does one  go about "being happy". Are some people just naturally happy? Are wealthy people happier than those who are not wealthy? Why do some people bounce back more quickly from tragedy and sadness than others? What role does spirituality and religion play in happiness? Is there a connection between compassion and happiness? These are just some of the questions that this film addresses in an entertaining and challenging manner. It made me smile (a lot) and also brought tears to my eyes.
     Did you know that our happiness depends only 10% on our circumstances? 40% of our capacity of happiness depends on decisions and actions that we personally take. Learn more about the film at the link below. It is available on Netflix as well as dvd.

“I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. (John 15:11 MSG)




1 comment:

Dewey said...

I'd recommend it, especially to those who have a world view. It certaintly samples some interesting communities and people. Thanks for the suggestion