Thursday, March 16, 2006

Apocalypse Now?


I suppose that in the land that gave us Hot Pockets it was just a matter of time before someone would come up with this gastronomic delight. Why not combine fast foods' artery clogging bacon cheeseburger with a Krispy Kreme donut? You will be able to bite into this culinary creation at the GMC Stadium in Sauget, Ill., home of the Gateway Grizzlies, a minor league baseball team. They are calling it Baseball's Best Burger. I guess they might have to change the words to Take Me Out To The Ball Game to "buy me some peanuts and this burger and I may never get back". The press release describes it this way;
"The burger...consists of a thick and juicy burger topped with sharp cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon. The burger is then placed in between each side of a Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut."
I will be planning a road trip this summer to experience baseball and this ballpark delicacy.

No comments: