Sunday, September 07, 2008

August Update

Wow! August flew by following Sarah and Todd's wedding. Here's a summary.




- a trip to Giants training camp.


-a night of dirt track racing at Albany-Saratoga Speedway


-a relaxing week at a friends' camp on a small Adirondack Lake


-Mary and I took a bus trip to Shea Stadium for a Mets game


-John and I camping on the shores of Lake George


-a week with extended family at Diamond Point in Lake George where I served as preacher at Diamond Point Community Church
August is the best month of the year
we reflect on what's happened since we last stood here
salt in our hair and our feet in the sand
I wouldn't expect anyone else to understand
August is the worst month of the year
with autumn ahead, I feel so much fear
nothing that summertime offers can last
when September arrives,
you'll be a piece of my past
(from the poem, August, by Jade Leven)

No comments: