Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spring Update

OK. This is the promised update of my busy, exciting, rewarding,fun, and at times exhausting
Spring. Following the early May trip to South Carolina for my 25th Anniversary of graduation from Seminary and a trip to Darlington Speedway for a Nationwide Series race I accompanied John to a Potential Unlimited Music Weekend. It was held at the Rensselaerville Institute where I had the opportunity to take daily hikes to the Rensselaerville Falls.

I then volunteered a week of mornings helping to build a community playground in Ballston Spa, NY. It was hard work in hot weather and great fun. The park was completed in a week with the help of hundreds of volunteers. Here are some photos of the grandchildren playing in the park that "PopPop" help built.
June began with a trip to Rochester, NY for the Annual Upstate New York ELCA Synod Assembly. The highlight of the trip was when Mary and I ate dinner at my favorite BBQ place, Dinosaurs.

On the 12th of June, John and I traveled to Binghamton, NY for the 2008 New York State Special Olympic Summer Games. I served as a coach of the bowling team. John won a silver and a gold medal in the bowling competition. Here are some pics of John and friends at the event.
In between trips I have been golfing with grandson Brendan. He is improving at a remarkable rate and will soon be beating me regularly. Check out his swing.

No comments: