Monday, February 04, 2008

SUPER!!!!!!!








Granddaughter Jena and I celebrate the Giants Super Bowl Victory.

Super: over and above, extra, exceeding in intensity, surpassing all or most others of its' kind

However you define it, this Super Bowl win by the Giants was Super! I have been a loyal and devoted Giants fan since age 10, that's over half a century. I can remember cheering quarterback Y.A. Tittle for his courage under pressure.

Over the years the Giants have given me great joy as they have won their fair share of big games. But none have been bigger then last nights upset of the undefeated New England Patriots. It was an exciting game and I was blessed to watch it with my wife, two sons, and a son-in-law. We cheered, hugged, and gave high fives as Quarterback Eli Manning and the team that everyone had discounted played with courage and grit. I was hopeful and even confident that the Giants would be victorious but knew the odds were agianst them. However, on this Sunday, all the superlatives applied not to the Patriots but to the Giants. What an example of passion defeating perfection. Life is good!

No comments: