Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A Valentine's Day Greeting

This is a little Valentine's Poem that I came across.


ALABAMA or KENTUCKIAN's ODE TO VALENTINE'S

Kudzu is green,
my dog's name is Blue
And I'm so lucky
to have a sweet thang like you.

Yore hair is like cornsilk
a-flappin in the breeze.
Softer than Blue's
And without all them fleas.

You move like the bass,
which excite me in May.
You ain't got no scales
but I luv you anyways.

Yore as graceful as okry
jist a-dancin' in the pan.
Yore as fragrent as SunDrop
right out of the can.

On special occasions,
when you shave yore armpits,
Well, I'm in hawg heaven!
I'm plumb outta my wits.

And speakin' of wits,
you got plenty fer shore.
'Cuz you married me
back in '74.

Still them fellers at work
they all wanna know,
What I did to deserve
such a purty, young doe.

Like a good roll of duct tape
yore there fer yore man.
To patch up life's troubles
and stick 'em in the can.

Yore as strong as a four-wheeler
racin' through the mud.
Yet fragile as that sanger
named Naomi Judd.

Yore as cute as a junebug
a-buzzin' overhead.
You ain't mean like no fat ant
upon which I oft' tread.

Cut from the best pattern
like a flannel shirt of plaid,
You sparked up my life
like my rattletrap shad.

When you hold me real tight
like a padded gunrack,
My life is complete;
ain't nuttin' I lack.

Yore complexion is perfection,
Like the best vinyl sidin'.
Despite all the years,
yore age, it keeps hidin'.

And when you get old
like a '57 Chevy,
Won't put you on blocks
and let grass grow up heavy.

Me 'n' you is like a Moon Pie
with a cold RC drank.
We go together
like a skunk goes with stank.

Some men, they buy choclit
for Valentine's Day.
They git it at Wal-mart,
its romantic that way.

Some men git roses
on that special day.
From the cooler at Winn-Dixie
"That's impressive", I say.

Some men buy fine diamonds
from a flea market booth.
"Diamonds are furever ,"
they explain, suave and couth.

But for this man, honey,
these will not do.
Fur you are too special
you sweet thang you.

I got you a gift
without taste or odor.
Better than diamonds,
its a new trollin' motor.


gbailey@mail.gld.com

2 comments:

Proudest Junkie said...

thats suumthing real country riight thuuuur

Meghan Riihimaki said...

The most romantc thing IO've read all day, going to bring it home to Dave.