Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Morning




For most of my adult life Saturdays have always been a day of work. The tasks included final preparations for the weekend worship services, weddings, appointments, etc. Now I approach each Saturday as a gift and opportunity to discover the relaxed pace of this day. On most Saturdays during the spring and summer, John and I head to the Saratoga Farmer's Market to pick up produce and enjoy the sights and sounds. We are members of a local CSA farm along with daughter Suzi and we split a weekly share of homegrown vegetables with them. The bountiful harvest of flowers, fruits, breads, jams, honey, and vegetables on display there are a feast for the eyes. Here are some pics I took this morning.

As I strolled through the market, the hymn "Praise and Thanksgiving" was the sound track playing in my head.

Praise and thanksgiving, God we would offer

for all things living you have made good:

harvest of sown fields, fruits of the orchard,

hay from the mown fields, blossom and wood.

No comments: