Wednesday, September 19, 2007

To Blog or Not to Blog.....

If there is anyone still checking this blog.....I guess I owe an explanation for my long absence.
The truth is....I've been enjoying summer.....my best summer since Junior High.
You remember those days, before you had summer jobs. The days of July and August stretched out in front of you, unpaved and unscheduled and filled with mosquitoes, sunburns, fireflies, campfires, and adventures. Nat King Cole sang in 1963 about the kind of summer I experienced in 2007.
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer

I had forgotten how enjoyable summer could be. Walks in the park; camping in our pop up camper which has been setting in the yard the last three years unused;;fishing with friends, children, and grandchildren; spending weekend evenings at the local dirt tracks; watching and suffering with the Mets on the TV in the back porch; sailing on Lake George; boating on the Sacandaga and Caroga lakes; licking an ice cream cone at Dan's; growing an abundance of tomatoes; Saturday mornings at the Farmer's Market; surprising friend Karl on his 20Th anniversary of ordination in Pennsylvania; leading worship on Labor Day weekend at Diamond Point Community Church on Lake George with my entire family in attendance, chasing fireflies with the grandchildren; working on a Habitat Build in Schenectady; and spending a delightful week at a friend's camp on Hunt Lake.
So dear and patient reader, if any of you still remain....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Granddaughters' Kaylyn and Jena Grandchildren at Diamond Point John and Mary at Diamond Point





No comments: