Saturday, April 07, 2007

Holy Fools!

Sarah Dylan Breuer begins her Easter weekend blog entry with the following;

There's a Franciscan fourfold blessing that I have long loved, the fourth blessing of which is this:
May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really can make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done.


Her words got me thinking about the Holy Fools who first stumbled upon that empty tomb. I am grateful for the fool hardiness of those throughout history since that first century who have courageously proclaimed that Christ's life and death has made a profound difference in their lives. I am grateful for the foolish proclamation of Easter; "He is Risen!" Risen, Alive, Making a Difference, Today, Right Now, Right Here, in the chaos of the world and in the messiness of my life and yours. Happy Easter! May we all be blessed to be foolish enough to make a difference.

No comments: